Business Security System Installation and Support.
The Role: IT Application Support Technician
Type: Permanent (subject to a 3 month probationary period)
Hours: 40 (Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 17:30)
Salary: £19,000 – £23,000 p.a. subject to experience
Due to business expansion we are seeking an enthusiastic, positive and ambitious technician to join our IT support team. In this full time, permanent role you will be providing remote customer support via telephone.
An additional IT support technician is required to provide application support to our customers who use our IT based software and hardware products.
As an IT support technician you will have excellent knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems, gained in a support service desk / help desk environment and will be a logical thinker able to demonstrate problem solving skills in a time-efficient manner as well as having a good all round knowledge of IT.
Ideally, you will be educated to A level standard, BTEC or equivalent in an IT capacity and be self-motivated, forward thinking and eager to learn.
- Previous IT remote phone support experience.
- 1st line support desk experience.
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN, VPN Firewall.
- Experience in fault diagnosis of networking hardware.
- Experience of installing and configuring IT hardware including workstation and servers.
- Experience of installing and configuring routers, firewall, switches and wireless access points.
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Windows Server and desktop operating systems (Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2008/2012/2016).
- Experience of hardware assembly e.g. servers and workstations.
Who would this role suit?
This is an excellent role for an immediately available IT Support Technician who has
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Sound planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
- Target focused.
- Flexible to cope with change and be proactive.
- Ability to work well individually or as part of a team.
- Workplace Pension contributions.
- 20 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays (holiday entitlement increases with length of service).
- Perkbox scheme which gives discounts and offers from many online and high-street retailers.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Date posted: 17.10.18