Choosing between a megapixel CCTV camera and an Analog CCTV camera is no longer a difficult task. Megapixel cameras give a more optimum picture than its processor as this blog post will explain.
So what are the Pros of an Analog Camera?
- Analog cameras are often less expensive than mega pixel cameras and as a result are the better option if you are looking for a more cost effective CCTV solution.
- Analog cameras also offer greater flexibility of design meaning that additional features such as a mini covert camera or large PTZ models are more wider available in this style rather than megapixel cameras.
- Analog cameras also give better and easier compatibility than megapixel types meaning that you can establish connections between existing equipment or add to your CCTV circuit in future without any hassle.
But what about the Cons of Analog CCTV?
- Analog CCTV is often described as less advanced than megapixel types meaning that some extras are unavailable such as the zoom feature.
- Wireless and analog systems cannot be encrypted meaning that potentially someone else could view the CCTV system or override it.
- Analog CCTV cameras do not work well in large open spaces often losing clarity and definition.
So why are Megapixel Cameras more Effective?
- Megapixel cameras are ideal for wireless reception encrypting the correct amount of information ensuring that it cannot be viewed by anyone else outside of the business.
- They can also use existing wires meaning less work and as a result less cost.
- Megapixel cameras give easier remote access so that it is possible to access the CCTV from a different address meaning that security can be checked at any time anywhere (within reason!)
However it is worth remembering…
- Megapixel cameras can be costly – requiring specialists to install them and due to the development of the technology inside the camera
- It is also necessary to install a high bandwidth when using a megapixel camera meaning that internet installation and up keep could be costly.
Depending on exactly what you require from your CCTV depends on what CCTV camera system is best for you. If you want a clear, high quality image that can zoom then a megapixel camera is ideal for you. If you require a simple CCTV camera image than it would be more affordable to purchase a analog CCTV.